Here are some ways I collect data on my blog and in my newsletter:
- Name and email address in comment forms
- Comment form cookie which remembers a user’s name or email address.
- Name and email addresses submitted by user by using a contact form
- Name and email address submitted to sign up for email list
- Information collected when users register on a website
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter page plugin and like button cookies
As part of the registration process for my monthly newsletter, I collect your first name and email address. I use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked me to tell you about; to contact you if I need to obtain or provide additional information; to check my records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
I use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver my newsletter. I gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help me monitor and improve my newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of my emails.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that I hold. Email your request to Allison K. García at firstname.lastname@example.org