Sooo…if you haven’t realized already, I am a total dork! Actually, as previously mentioned, I like to think of myself as dorky cool. But, I’d like to state that today I took a brief step away from dorky cool into total dork, and I loved every moment of it!
I am proud to say that I spent eight straight hours today enjoying a game of the Lord of the Rings version of Risk with a few of my friends. That’s right, not just regular Risk…Lord of the Rings Risk. As you can suppose, after that much time in the land of dorkiness, a lot of inside jokes and other gems arose, and I thought I’d share a few of them with you…
1. Beverly. (I often named the members of my army of tiny orcs, black riders, and cave trolls and some of them had backstories.) She was sent out to the Gap of Rohan, though all she really wanted was to have a safe desk job. After a “injury” where she lost the Gap (it was always suspected that she injured herself to get out of the fieldwork…not unlike Tom from Downton Abbey), she became record-keeper for the red orcs, where she later betrayed her countrymen by having an affair with the commander of the wood elves (scandalous!)
2. Singing the entire theme song from “Laverne and Shirley.” I began counting my territories…”1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8…” And the rest is history…
3. An imaginary live tweeting of our game (which I never actually did but thought it’d be fun). Some things I would have tweeted… “Tonight there will be blood.” “All will love me and fear me!” “Watch out for that Beverly.” “Actually I said I was taking over The Wold.” “Oops, I put James Brown out there…he had been entertaining the troops.” “Anafalas is different from Belfalas” (I won’t explain why…hehe…)
4. A throwback to “Pinky and The Brain”…”The same thing we do every night Pinky…try to take over the world.”
5. Yelling out quotes from The Lord of the Rings while listening to the entire soundtrack (at least twice).
Anyway, I just thought I would write this post for all those dorks, nerds, and geeks out there who have embraced their silly and amazing sides! Now…to the mines of Moria!!!!