Okay, folks, it’s official. I joined a weight loss competition at my gym. I’ve been trying to eat healthy and exercise, but I’m kind of stuck in a rut. So, I figured my naturally competitive nature and ability to stick to things on a short-term basis will help me in this competition! It started on January 28th, and it goes to April 15th!
Here are the rules of the competition (if anyone wants to join along at home):
- Attend 3 group fitness classes per week (I love zumba!). For every class over three you go to, you get 1 point.
- Weigh in every Monday and bring your food log for the week (not courageous enough to share my starting weight, but I’ll keep you posted on pounds lost!)
- Every other week there’s a group nutrition class. If you attend it you get 2 points.
- If you do a personal training session, you get 1 point.
- For every 20 points you rack up, you get a pound off on the final weigh-in!
- There are possibly some prizes…I actually don’t know. Losing weight will be a big enough prize for me!
On Monday, I’ll let you know how things are going. I have been starving and emotional the last two days, but haven’t gotten off track! Also, I’ve been kicking butt at the gym! Woot! Wish me luck!